Links - Orangevale Veterinary Hospital, Inc. - Orangevale, CA
In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, Orangevale Veterinary Hospital, Inc. has provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- ASPCA Poison Control - https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control
- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) – www.ofa.org
- UDSA Export Pet Travel – www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel
- The American Kennel Club – www.akc.org
- United Kennel Club – www.ukc.com
- AKC Canine Health Foundation – www.akcchf.org
- Morris Animal Foundation – www.morrisanimalfoundation.org
- MBF Inc. Dog Show Superintendent – www.infodog.com
- Jack Bradshaw Dog Show Superintendent – www.jbradshaw.com
- Choosing a new puppy
This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- Heartworm Society
Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems
Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline housesoiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- National Animal Poison Control Center
This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Rainbow Bridge
Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
- West Nile Virus
This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.